|Mark Hall & Netteswell Community Assocation|
|Home||Community||Activities||Weddings||Conferences||Social Club||What's On||Contact Us|
Moot House at The Stow, Harlow is an attractive 19th century grade II listed house. It was originally built circa 1840 to house the incumbent of the nearby St Mary-at-Latton church. The view of the church from the house disappeared as the Stow, nucleus of Harlow New Town was built.
Having been taken over from Harlow Development Corporation by Essex County Council, the house became the base of the Mark Hall & Netteswell Community Association in 1952.
In 1987 a disastrous fire caused considerable damage, and a full refurbishment and redecoration programme was carried out.